Monday, January 30, 2012

Dinagyang Festival 2012

I'm back! Sorry for the lack of posts during the past weeks.  I just got back from the States, I was able to spend the Holidays with my family.  Sad though 'coz Tim wasn't able to come with me.  

Anyway, two days after I got back from the States, husband and I flew to Iloilo City to cover our first festival -- Dinagyang.  (jetlag + pagod, whew)

The Dinagyang in Iloilo City is an annual religious and cultural festivity celebrated on the fourth Sunday of January in honor of Senor Sto. Nino celebrate the arrival on Panay Island of Malay settlers and the sale of the island to them by the Ati tribesmen.  The word Dinagyang is an Iloilo term which means merry making.  

The festival consists of different events: fluvial procession aling the Iloilo River, Kasadyahan, and the Ati-atihan contest.  For this year, 13 tribes from different high schools in Iloilo competed for the Ati-atihan contest, where Tribu Pan-ay emerged as the  champion.  

Tim and I were fortunate enough to have Media/Photographer passes from his friends, thank you, thank you!!! :)  and also, I wouldn't be able to take pictures if not for Tim who lent his camera lenses to me, salamat! :)   

Here are a few pics:










The trip to Iloilo was worth it. as early as nnow, we're already planning to go back again next year to shoot the Dinagyang Festival again.  Sama kayo?! Tara! :)  


2 comments:

Tim said...

Again, I cannot get over how bad-ass your images are! So proud of you! I love you!

Cookie Joy said...

Thank you!!! and hey, you're my teacher! so if i my images are good, paano pa yun sa iyo!!! :) love you!

Post a Comment