Friday, December 23, 2011

Eat's A Date at (with) Mr. Jones (Greenbelt5)

First, I would like to thank OpenRice for my (and Tim's) second Eat's a Date! Thank you, thank you! :) Secondly, I apologize for posting this a bit late - holidays are hectic and a lot of things needed to be done first, especially since I'm leaving on a trip in a few days. Will be missing my hubby, but I'm sure he'll  live. LOL.

Anyway, balik sa usapan. The event took place at Mr. Jones at Greenbelt 5. Mr. Jones is under the Raintree Restaurants groups - others restos under Raintree are M (Museum) Cafe, MoMo, and Chelsea. 
Mr. Jones
G/F Greenbelt 5,
Makati City, Metro Manila
The restaurant (diner) has the 1980's feel and offers a wide array of authentic American diner cuisine. Even the menus look similar to American diners'. The music was also vintage, but only my husband really likes those types of songs. Hehehe. I had high hopes for this Eat's A Date, since I looked up previous write ups on Mr. Jones, and all of them had nice things to say. And when the food came, I wasn't disappointed.   

Mr. Jones prepared a menu for us consisting of: 

"Grrreeen Goddess" Cobb Salad - Php 450
grilled chicken, crispy bacon, toasted almonds, fresh tomato,
fresh parmesan, whole baby romaine & homemade caesar dressing
--  I LOVE the freshness of the vegetables and their homemade dressing and parmesan, sarap!
  
"Truffled Disco:, Beef gravy & Cheese Fries - Php 395
topped with chunky beef smothered with
wild mushroom gravy & "fondue" cheese drizzled with truffle oil
-- This is one of my favorites. I loved the combination of flavors, the beef, the mushroom gravy, and the cheese.

A "Wet" California Big Burrito Platter - Php 395
topped with melted cheddar & jack cheese, loaded with carnitas,
black beans, mexican rice, salsa fresca, olives & sourcream served with
black beans, mexican rice & tortilla chips
-- Goin' Mexican this time, ole, ole!!! :) I love Mexican foods, so it is no surprise that I enjoyed eating this one.  I squeezed the lime over it, and it was perfect for me.          

Wicked Truffled Mac n' Cheese -Php 395
baked with 3 types of macaroni, 4 cheeses, "Canadian style" double smoked
bacon baby portobello mushrooms & green peas drizzled with truffle oil
-- This dish is way too heavy for me. Don't get me wrong, it is delicious, (4 cheeses & bacon - who can resist that?!) but I'm really not a fan of mac & cheese. Tim enjoyed it though.
  
Sizzlin' Butter Seafood "Foil Broil" - Php 420
prawns, mussles, clams & dory wrapped in a foil pouch
fresh lemon & parsley, served with grilled sourdough
-- WINNER!!! I love, love seafood!!!  The mussles, clams and dory were cooked to perfection. sadly though, the prawns were a little bit overcooked (feeling Masterchef!!!).  Again, the combination of flavors -- to die for! The sauce was oh-so-yummy, and also the sourdough, hay, we just can't get enough! :)

Warm Baked Brownie & a Blondie...So Good! - uh oh, I wasn't able to get the price!!!
served warm with 1 scoop of mantecado & 1 scoop of chocolate ice cream
(well, according to Wikipedia, mantecado is a name for a variety of Spanish shortbreads)
-- catchy name, huh!?! True to its name, the brownie was served warm and freshly baked, topped with a scoop of ice cream.   :)  

For drinks, we had:
Tropical Fruit Punch and Grape Frozen Iced Tea -- Php 125 
-- Refreshing and they didn't trigger my hyperacidity, so yay!!!  I've had bad experiences with the iced teas of other restaurants, hindi tummy friendly for me! so thank you Mr. Jones for these drinks!!!  :) 

Overall, I loved the whole experience. It was definitely worth trudging through the hectic holiday crowd na makapal (kahit Thursday) and get home at past 12 midnight. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment